Navigator Gas is the owner and operator of the world’s largest fleet of handy size liquefied gas carriers and provides international and regional seaborne transportation services of liquefied petroleum gas, petrochemical gases and ammonia for energy companies, industrial users and commodity traders.
The fleet consists of 38 semi-or fully-refrigerated liquefied gas carriers.
The size and versatility of the fleet enables the Company to carry a wide range of liquefied gas products across the world and together with our track record of operational excellence, positions them as the partner of choice for many companies requiring seaborne distribution solutions.
History and Financial Growth
The first handy size gas carriers were delivered to Navigator Gas in 2000 and since then the growth oriented owner has enjoyed a solid financial performance and steady increase in their fleet size. In 2012 the company acquired Maersk’s 11 strong handy size LPG fleet; November 2013 saw the Company undergo an IPO and list on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) with a current market capitalisation of circa US$600 million. Recently the Company finished the expansive shipbuilding programme with 14 new vessels being delivered since mid-2014.
The Navigator team is a close knit and friendly team comprising of finance, chartering, operations and technical departments. Working in an open plan environment, employees are encouraged to discuss issues within the shipping environment and learn the broader shipping industry to be able to understand the technical function and how it relates to the industry.
Due to the continued growth of the company, we are looking for a HSEQA Superintendent to join our expanding Shipmanagement Team on a permanent contract. The role will form part of the HSEQA team based in our London office, and will work closely with other colleagues in London and Gdynia/Poland.
The successful candidate will have the benefit of being able to broaden their technical knowledge by joining a company committed to robust procedures to ensure cargo and crew are transported safely and efficiently.
In 2018, Shipmanagement were proud to be certified ‘ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management’ and became one of the first companies in the maritime industry to get the ‘ISO 45001:2018 Occupational health and safety management systems’ certification. Work is well underway to achieve ‘ISO 14001:2015 Environmental management system.
The HSEQA Superintendent will report directly to the HSEQA Manager based in London and will sit within a team of 5. They will work closely with other parts of the Technical team based in London and Gdynia/Poland.
Main responsibilities of the role but not limited to:
- Monitor the periodic safety activities of the ships.
- Supports the HSEQA Manager in planning, developing, coordinating and implementing effective HSEQA policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to ensure that the Company objectives are met.
- Accident Investigation
- Safety Statistic reporting.
- Monitor the training material availability and suitability
- Train the crew on safety matters
- Monitor the completion and outcome of the Safety inspection reports
- Arrange the drug and alcohol tests (internal and external)
- Arrange, monitor and report management of statutory inspections and audits
- Visit the ship at least once a year and perform a SHE Superintendent Inspection.
- Monitor the completion and outcome of the safety drills
- Review the risk assessments done by the crew.
- Perform ISM/ISPS internal audits
- Monitor the outcome of the Monthly Environmental Reports
- Assist and help in the preparation of the external audits (both office and ship)
- Encourage incident and near missing reporting
- Stand-by member of the Incident management team
- At least two years in similar role
- ISM/ISPS auditor
- Tanker / gas carrier experience
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- ISO 9001/ISO 14000 internal auditor
- Marine engineering background
Navigator Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.