Navigator Gas is the owner and operator of the world’s largest fleet of handy size liquefied gas carriers and provides international and regional seaborne transportation services of liquefied petroleum gas, petrochemical gases and ammonia for energy companies, industrial users and commodity traders.
The fleet consists of 38 semi-or fully-refrigerated liquefied gas carriers.
The size and versatility of the fleet enables the Company to carry a wide range of liquefied gas products across the world and together with our track record of operational excellence, positions them as the partner of choice for many companies requiring seaborne distribution solutions.
History and Financial Growth
The first handy size gas carriers were delivered to Navigator Gas in 2000 and since then the growth oriented owner has enjoyed a solid financial performance and steady increase in their fleet size. In 2012 the company acquired Maersk’s 11 strong handy size LPG fleet; November 2013 saw the Company undergo an IPO and list on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) with a current market capitalisation of circa US$600 million. Recently the Company finished the expansive shipbuilding programme with 14 new vessels being delivered since mid-2014.
Due to the continued growth of the company we are looking for an IT Specialist in our Riga office. The role forms part of our Health, Safety and Environmental team to assist with the continuous development and maintenance of our ship management software in line with the evolving needs of the business and vessel management.
You will work closely with colleagues in our UK and Poland offices as well as communicate frequently and effectively with crew onboard. There will be occasional travel to London and Gdynia for training and company social events, giving the opportunity to learn more about the wider business.
This is an opportunity to be part of a small, impactful that supports a business-critical software to keep ship management afloat.
The successful candidate will have the benefit of being able to broaden their technical knowledge and learn, potentially specialize, in the maritime industry.
The IT Specialise will report directly to the HSEQA Manager in London and will sit within a team of 3 people in Riga.
Main responsibilities of the role but not limited to:
- Administration of the SimBASE system (Office and Vessels);
- Development, configuration and test of the system processes and reports;
- Technical IT support for Office and Vessels;
- System installation on new Vessels;
- Technical documentation
- BPMN diagrams;
- Familiarisation and training of crew (subsidiary duty);
- Other adhoc assignments as and when required
- Basic knowledge of business processes;
- Previous experience with Putty, WinSCP, TeamViewer (to connect to the vessel systems and vessel servers);
- To learn and develop a system and learn the system specific script programming language;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Good level of Russian.
- Previous experience in programming / IT support would be an advantage.
- Competitive salary;
- Join a discretionary non-contractual bonus scheme, which is dependent upon Company and personal performance criteria;
- Office in Riga;
- Business travel to London and Gdynia for training and company events;
- Possible business travel on board vessels for crew training;
- Experience in the maritime industry;
- Learn the ins and outs of a unique system, the development of business process and business process automation, the structure of a management system, etc.
Navigator Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.