Navigator Gas is looking for a Fleet Operations Superintendent to join the operations department in London. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the FOS will oversee cargo operations across the fleet including but not limited to cargo tank preparations, cargo cooling operations, loading / discharging, grade changing etc. The FOS will work very closely with the vessel operations team and act as a link between the operations and marine department.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Overseeing the cargo operations of the fleet and working together with the vessel operators to ensure best industry as well as Company practises are being followed.
- Providing expertise knowledge and assistance to the whole operations team with regards to cargo handling and voyage route optimisation.
- Acting as a strong link between the operations department and the marine / HSEQA teams.
- The FOS will be required to operate some vessels in addition to the main responsibilities of providing cargo support.
- Be a key member of the performance monitoring team with matters to do with cargo and voyage optimisation.
- Some travelling to our vessels for familiarisation purposes will be required but not excessive.
Due to the specific requirements of this role, the successful candidate will have sailed on board LPG / petrochemical gas carriers to the rank of Chief Officer or Master.
Strong LPG / Petchem knowledge is essential.
Shore based experience not a prerequisite but it would be a preference.
The candidate needs to be a good communicator both verbally and in written format.
Indefinite permit to live and work in the United Kingdom is necessary.